Add Meeting Notes Content Type to List
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
a series of articles Peter Kalmstrom, CEO and Systems Designer of kalmstrom.com
Business Solutions, is showing a way to use SharePoint to automate taking
meeting notes and handling meetings and meeting decisions in general.
In an earlier demo
Peter created a new content type for meeting notes based on the Item content
type and added the columns he needed to it.
In the demo below Peter describes how to add this content type to a list.
Peter has created his content type in the
Content Type Hub, so that he does
not have to create new content types for each site collection.
Add a content type to a SharePoint list
- Create a new app based on the Custom template and make your preferred
changes to it. (Peter adds the list to the Quick Launch and enables version
- Allow management of content types under List Settings >Advanced settings.
- In the new Content Type group in the list settings, click on the link
'Add from existing site content types'.
- Add the content type for meeting notes.
- Remove the default content type, Items.
- Make any view changes you prefer. Peter also makes the Department field
default, as the list is used in a team site for one department.