Content Type for Meeting Notes
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
a series of articles Peter Kalmstrom, CEO and Systems Designer of kalmstrom.com
Business Solutions, is showing a way to use SharePoint to automate taking
meeting notes and handling meetings and meeting decisions in general.
In the demo below Peter describes how to create an Item Content Type for the
meeting notes. He creates the new content type in the
Content Type Hub, so that he does
not have to create content types for each site collection.
Create a content type for meeting notes in the Content Type Hub
Before Peter adds the Managed Metadata column for Department he opens the
SharePoint Admin Center and adds the metadata he needs in the
- In the Content Type Hub, open the Site Settings and click on the 'Site
content types' link in the Web Designer Galleries group.
- Click on the Create link.
- Create a new list content type for meeting notes. This list content type
should inherit from the regular Item.
(It is also possible to use a document content type and a document.)
- Add the content type to an existing group or create a new group for it
and click OK.
- Add site columns to the content type. Peter adds the following columns:
- A Comments column from existing site columns.
- A new site column for Meeting comments. Multipe lines of text. Append
changes to existing text. Peter adds a new group for it, and the rest of
the new site columns are added to the same group.
- A new site column for Chairperson. Person or Group.
- A new site column for Internal Attendees. Person or Group. Allow multiple
- A new site column for External Attendees. Multipe lines of text. Plain
- A new site column for Action Point. Hyperlink.
- A new site column for Departments. Managed Metadata connected to the
Departments term store.
- Publish the content type.