Phone Messages Enterprise Solution – Create Content Type
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
the previous demonstration
Peter Kalmstrom, CEO and Systems Designer of kalmstrom.com Business Solutions,
explained his reasons for creating a scalable solution that can be used in
the whole organization.
For that you should create a content type in the Content Type Hub, and that
is what Peter does in the demo below.
Create a content type in the Content Type Hub
Peter continues with creating new site columns to the content type. He adds
them all in the same new site column group.
- Open the Content Type Hub.
- Click on the settings gear and select Site settings.
- Click on 'Site content types' in the Web Designer Galleries group.
- Click on the Create link to create a new content type.
- Give the content type a name.
- Base the new content type on the Item in the List Content Types group.
- Put the content type in an existing or new content type group.
- Click OK.
This is done in nearly the same way as when
creating list columns, but the title
column cannot be renamed. That would rename the column for the whole tenancy.
When the columns have been created, click on the link 'Manage publishing for
this content type'. Publish is already selected by default, so you only have
to click OK.