Create a Phone Messages List
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
SharePoint to automate the distribution of phone messages within an organization.
This is the second article in a series.
In the demo below Peter Kalmstrom, CEO and Systems Designer of kalmstrom.com
Business Solutions, shows how to create a simple SharePoint list app for phone
messages, a list that can satisfy a small company or a limited number of users.
(In later articles we will show a more advanced solution that will work over
many site collections in a SharePoint tenancy or farm.)
Create a simple phone messages list app
- Click on the settings gear and select 'Add an app'.
- Click on the Custom List icon.
- Give the list a name and click on Create.
- (The list will now show up under Recent in the Quick Launc. Click on
EDIT LINKS and drag the new list out of Recent.)
- Open the LIST tab and click on the List Settings button.
- Open the Title column and rename it to another single line of text field,
like Caller phone number. Click OK
- Click on the Create column link in the List Settings to create a single
line of text column for Caller name.
- Create a People or Group column for the called person
- Create a Yes/No column for Returned and set the default value to No.