Create a Landing Page with List Items and Views
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
previous demo Peter Kalmström, CEO and Systems Designer of kalmstrom.com
Business Solutions, created a landing page
that is displayed when users click on the link to the list.
In the demo below Peter enhances the landing page with a web part that shows the view links to the
right and the list items to the left.
Create a SharePoint list landing page with a web part
Now the list will be displayed in the column, and you can work with the list items as usual. The only limitation is that you have to select an item to see the LIST and ITEM tabs.
- Click on ‘Edit’ on the top right of the page. The page will open in Edit mode.
- Click on the Text Layout button under the FORMAT TEXT tab in the ribbon and select a layout. Peter chooses 'One column with sidebar'.
- Move the view links to the sidebar by copy and paste.
Place the mouse cursor in the column, where you want to add a web part. Open the INSERT tab and click on the ‘Web Part’ button.
- Under ‘Apps’, select your list and click on ‘Add’.
- Expand the web part tool pin accordion and click on ‘Edit Web Part’.
- Under ‘Selected View’, select the view you want to show by default and click on ‘Apply’ and then Save.
In the next demo Peter will add the Excel pie chart he created
from the list data in an earlier
demo to this landing page.