Change Alerts for Items and Lists
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
lists give a possitility to have an e-mail message sent automatically when
an item has been changed or when something in a list has been changed. This
is a very useful feature when several people are working with a list or library.
In the demo below Peter Kalmström, CEO and Systems Designer of kalmstrom.com
Business Solutions, shows how to set alerts in a SharePoint Issue Tracking
list, but the process is the same for libraries and calendars.
Set an alert for changes in a list item
You will now receive an e-mail that your alert has been set up.
the list item.
- Click on the Alert me button under the ITEMS tab in the ribbon.
- Change the title if you don't want to use the default, list + item.
- If you are a site collection administrator, you can add other persons
who should have this alert.
- If you have text messaging service set up, you can choose between having
the alert by sms or by e-mail. Otherwise e-mail is the only option.
- Select at what changes you want to receive alerts.
- Select when you want to receive alerts.
- Click OK.
Set an alert for changes in a list
- Open the list where you want to set an alert.
- Click o the Alert me button under the LIST tab in the ribbon.
- Follow the steps 3-8 above.