SharePoint Online from Scratch
Add Picture from SharePoint
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
are three options to add a picture to a SharePoint page.
In two earlier demos Peter Kalmström, CEO and Systems Designer
of kalmstrom.com Business Solutions, showed how to
- From Computer
- From Address
- From SharePoint
add a picture ‘From Computer’. and how to
add a picture ‘From Address’. In the demo below Peter
shows how to add a picture ‘From SharePoint’.
Note that “From SharePoint” means “from this SharePoint
site collection”. Use one of the other two options if you
want to add a picture from another SharePoint site collection.
These are the steps to add a picture from the SharePoint
site to a SharePoint page:
In this demo Peter is also showing how to:
- Click on ‘Edit’ on the top right of the page. The
page will open in Edit mode.
- Place the mouse cursor where you want to add a picture.
- Open the INSERT tab and expand the ‘Picture’ accordion.
- There are three options. Select ‘From SharePoint’.
- Browse to the picture you want to add. Select a
picture and click on ‘Insert’.
- The picture will be displayed on the page.
- Open the INSERT tab and expand the ‘Link’ accordion.
- Select one of the options.
(In the demo Peter has selected the ‘From Address’
- Type or paste the URL in the address field.
- Click OK and then save the page.
- Click on the image and the link will open a
new web page in the same tab.
- Open the page in edit mode.
- Click on the image.
- Two new tabs - ‘IMAGE’ and ‘LINK’, will be visible.
- Click on the ‘LINK’ tab and check the box ‘Open
in new tab’.
- Save the page.
- Click on the image and the link will open in
the new window.