Phone Messages Alert Workflow with Link to Edit Form
A SharePoint Workflows tutorial by Peter Kalmström
the previous demos Peter Kalmstrom, CEO and Systems Designer
of kalmstrom.com Business Solutions, created a workflow
for a SharePoint phone messages app.
The workflow Peter created sends an e-mail message to the
person who has been called. The message contains info about
who called and who received the call. It also has the telephone
number, so if you receive the message in a mobile you can
just click to call back.
In the demo below Peter adds a link to the current list
item in edit mode. With such a link the person who gets
the e-mail message can open the list item directly from
the e-mail and mark the call as returned.
Workflow link to list item edit form for phone messages
- In the SharePoint Phone Messages list, open one
of the current items and click on the Edit Item button.
- Copy the link in the address field. In Internet
Explorer. You can also find the URL if you right-click
on the form and select Properties.
- Open the site in SharePoint Designer 2013.
- Click on Workflows and find the Phone Messages workflow.
- Click on the link 'Current Item Called' to open
the e-mail message.
- Add a display text in the e-mail body and select
- Click on the Edit Hyperlink button and then on the
String Builder button.
- Paste the link you copied into the String Builder.
- Select the ID number in the link and click on the
"Add or Change Lookup" button.
- Select the ID at Field from source.
- Click OK to all dialogs and Publish the workflow.