Prevent Auto-Link in Global Navigation
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
the previous article Peter Kalmstrom,
CEO and Systems Designer of kalmstrom.com Business Solutions, explained how
to create a custom search vertical for the SharePoint Search Center.
In this article we will show the solution to a small issue with the custom
search vertical: a link to the search vertical page will by default show up
in the global/top navigation of the Search Center home page.
In the demo below Peter first shows how to hide a link that is already there.
Then he describes how to prevent future links from being automatically created
in the global navigation.
Hide a top navigation link
Now the link is hidden from users, but you can still see it if you edit the
- Click on EDIT LINKS in the top navigation.
- Hide the link by clicking on the eye icon to the right of the link.
- Click on Save.
Prevent links from being automatically added to the global navigation
This action requires that you have activated the
SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure for the site collection.
- Click on the settings gear and select 'Site settings'.
- Click on the Navigation link in the Look and Feel group
- At Managed Navigation, uncheck the box 'Add new pages to the navigation
- Click OK.