Promoted Links App
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
In the previous demo Peter Kalmström, CEO and Systems Designer of kalmstrom.com
Business Solutions, explained promoted links and showed
3 ways to create images.
In this Links tutorial in the SharePoint Online from Scratch series,
Peter Kalmström, shows how to create your own promoted links and set your
own images as a background of promoted link tiles.
These are the steps to create a promoted links list and picture library in
Add a Promoted Links app
- Open the Site Contents click on ‘add an app’.
- Find the app Promoted Links and click on the icon.
- Type the name you want to give to your promoted links app and click on
Create a Picture Library
- Search for the Picture Library and click on the icon.
- Type the name you want to give to your picture library app and click
- Open the newly created picture library and drag and drop or upload images
Add Promoted Links Images
- Go to the promoted links list you have created and click on All Promoted
- Click on ‘+ new item’ and fill out the form.
- Repeat the process for all the tiles.
Add Promoted Links on the first page:
In this demo Peter is also showing how to:
- On the SharePoint page where you want the promoted links to be displayed,
click on ‘Edit’ on the top right of the page. The page will open in Edit
- Place the mouse cursor where you want to add promoted inks.
- Open the ‘INSERT’ tab and click on ‘Web Part’.
- Select ‘your newly created promoted links’ app and click on ‘Add’
- Save the page.
- How to remove links from the Quick Launch.
- How to create new SharePoint pages.
- How to edit a web part and do the required settings.