Create a Phone Messages Alert Workflow with Link to Edit Form
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
the previous demo Peter Kalmstrom, CEO and Systems Designer of kalmstrom.com
Business Solutions, created a workflow for the simple SharePoint list app
for phone messages that he has built in earlier demos.
The workflow Peter created sends an e-mail message to the person who has been
called. The message contains info about who called and who received the call.
It also has the telephone number, so if you receive the message in a mobile
you can just click to call back.
In the demo below Peter adds a link to the current list item in edit mode.
With such a link the person who gets the e-mail message can open the list
item directly from the e-mail and mark the call as returned.
Workflow link to list item edit form for phone messages
- In the SharePoint Phone Messages list, open one of the current items
and click on the Edit Item button.
- Right click on the form and select Properties.
- Copy the path to the item in edit mode.
- Open the site in SharePoint Designer 2013.
- Click on Workflows and find the Phone Messages workflow.
- Click on the link 'Current Item Called' to open the e-mail message.
- Add a display text in the e-mail body and select it.
- Click on the Edit Hyperlink button and then on the String Builder button.
- Paste the link you copied into the String Builder.
- Select the ID number in the link and click on the "Add or Change Lookup"
- Select the ID at Field from source.
- Click OK to all dialogs and Publish the workflow.