Phone Messages Enterprise Solution – My Messages
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
this Phone Messages article we will describe how to add
a web part that shows all unreturned calls to the current
user. The unreturned calls are shown independently of which
site collection the phone messages were created in.
As usual the demo has been recorded by Peter Kalmstrom,
CEO and Systems Designer of kalmstrom.com Business Solutions.
Add a Content Search web part that shows My Unreturned
- Open the page where you want to add the web part
in edit mode.
- Click on the Text Layout button under the FORMAT
TEXT tab and select 'One column with sidebar'. This
will give you a web part with the default document library
in the sidebar.
- Delete the default web part.
- Place the mouse cursor in the empty sidebar. Under
the INSERT tab, click on Web Part and select the Content
Search web part in the Content Rollup category.
- By default the web part shows the latest changed
items in the site collection. To change that, edit the
web part and click on the 'Change query' button.
- In the query builder, select 'Items matching a content
type' and don't restrick by app. Restrict the search
to the phone messages content type.
- Switch to Advanced Mode and Add two Property Filters:
'CalledOWSUSER' 'Contains' 'The name of the user who
runs the query' and 'CallereturnedOWSBOOL' 'Not equals'
Manual value and the manual value is Yes.
- Make any other web part settings you prefer, apply
and save the page.