Workflow for Declaring Record
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
the previous demo Peter
Kalmstrom, Peter Kalmstrom, CEO and Systems Designer of
kalmstrom.com Business Solutions, showed how to make it
possible to declare records on files in in a SharePoint
library. The process involves several steps, so in the demo
below Peter shows how to create a workflow that takes care
of the process.
Create a workflow that declares record when a file changes
- Open the SharePoint site in SharePoint Designer
- Open the site where you want to declare records.
- Create a new SharePoint 2010 workflow. (The Action
"Declare record" is not yet available in SharePoint
- On the workflow summary page, set the workflow to
start when an item is created and changed.
- Click on the Edit workflow link.
- Set the condition 'If current field equals value',
and set the field, equal condition and value you wish
to use. (Peter changes "equals" into "not equals" and
uses the field Status and the value Under Review).
- Set the action to Declare record.
- Check for Errors, and Publish the workflow if there
are no errors.