Install SharePoint Designer
An Office 365 tutorial by Peter Kalmström
power users need to have SharePoint Designer installed.
The 2013 version is essential to create workflows and import
folders and files, but in some cases also the 2010 version
In the demo below Peter Kalmström, CEO and Systems Designer
of kalmstrom.com Business Solutions, explains how to find
and install SharePoint Designer 2013 and 2010 and how to
open a SharePoint site in SharePoint Designer 2013.
Install SharePoint Designer 2013:
the Office 365 settings.
- Open the Software section.
- Open Tools & add-ins to find SharePoint Designer
- Select language if you want another language than
the default one.
- Select the 64-bit version under Advanced if needed.
- Click on Install.
- Run the file.
Install SharePoint Designer 2010:
- Search for the Microsoft download page for SharePoint
Designer 2010 in a search engine.
- When you have found the download page, download
the file and run it.
Open a site in SharePoint Designer 2013:
- In SharePoint Designer, click on Open Site.
- Paste or write in the URL to the site you want to
open. Note that only the first part of the URL you see
when you open the site should be entered.
- Click on Open.